Feb 20, 2015
Show 1247 The Closing of the Muslim Mind: How Intellectual Suicide Created the Modern Islamist Crisis by Robert R. Reilly
Segment 1- Janet Mefferd talks to the author. 1/6/2015 20 minutes.
Segment 2- Speech by Robert R. Reilly on his book The Closing of the Muslim Mind: How Intellectual Suicide Created the Modern Islamist Crisis
In this eye-opening new book, foreign policy expert Robert R. Reilly uncovers the root of our contemporary crisis: a pivotal struggle waged within the Muslim world nearly a millennium ago. In a heated battle over the role of reason, the side of irrationality won. The deformed theology that resulted, Reilly reveals, produced the spiritual pathology of Islamism, and a deeply dysfunctional culture.
Terrorism—from 9/11, to London, Madrid, and Mumbai, to the Christmas 2009 attempted airline bombing—is the most obvious manifestation of this crisis. But Reilly shows that the pathology extends much further. The Closing of the Muslim Mind solves such puzzles as:
• why peace is so elusive in the Middle East
• why the Arab world stands near the bottom of every measure of human development
• why scientific inquiry is nearly dead in the Islamic world
• why Spain translates more books in a single year than the entire Arab world has in the past thousand years
• why some people in Saudi Arabia still refuse to believe man has been to the moon
• why Muslim media frequently present natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina as God's direct retribution
The authors speech can be found at-
For many of Janet Mefferd free shows visit-
Conservative talk radio, conservative talk, conservative podcasts, conservative audio, conservative, republican, democrat, liberal, libertarian, libertarian talk, libertarian podcasts, libertarian podcast, book, author, interview, audio book, audio, conservative, Freedom, constitution, republican, Obama, liberty, libertarian, tea party, Obamacare, America, democracy