Mar 6, 2017
Show 1741 Thomas Jefferson, Revolutionary- A Radical’s Struggle to Remake America
Kevin Gutzman, Thomas Jefferson, Revolutionary: A Radical’s Struggle to Remake America
This ACU show consists of two selections from the Tom Woods Show.
Selection 1- Episode 851 Thomas Jefferson, Revolutionary: A Radical’s Struggle to Remake America. Thomas Jefferson, says biographer Kevin Gutzman, is the most significant statesman in American history. We discuss Jefferson’s views on federalism, education, the University of Virginia, slavery, colonization, American Indians, and freedom of conscience.
Selection 2- Episode 856 The Thomas Jefferson Nobody Knows
Kevin Gutzman returns to explain where historians have gone wrong on Jefferson, why Jefferson was no conservative, the ups and downs of his presidency, and more.
About the Guest
James Madison biographer Kevin Gutzman is a professor of history and chairman of the department of history at Western Connecticut State University.
Kevin teaches courses for Tom’s Liberty Classroom! Learn the history and economics they kept from you, in courses you can listen to in your car. Get a discount code on our coupons page.
Thomas Jefferson, Revolutionary: A Radical’s Struggle to Remake America
James Madison and the Making of America by Kevin Gutzman
Virginia’s American Revolution: From Dominion to Republic, 1776-1840 by Kevin Gutzman
Who Killed the Constitution? The Fate of American Liberty from World War I to Barack Obama James Madison and the Making of America by Kevin Gutzman & Tom Woods
The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution by Kevin Gutzman
Ep. 786 Why the Electoral College Is Great, and No One Should Even Think About Abolishing It (Brion McClanahan & Kevin Gutzman)
Ep. 595 The Constitutional Thought of Justice Antonin Scalia
Ep. 537 The Conservative Case for Hamilton Over Jefferson Is All Wet
Ep. 502 The Stamp Act, 250 Years Later
Ep. 498 Should We Hold an Article V Amendments Convention? A Debate (Kevin Gutzman & William Jasper)
Ep. 460 Jefferson and Jackson: Good Guys, Bad Guys, or One of Each?
Ep. 444 What Did the Fourteenth Amendment Really Mean?
Ep. 411 Hillsdale College’s Federalist Papers Course: Error and Propaganda
Ep. 369 Who Was the Real James Madison?
Ep. 189 The American Revolution: The Real Issue
Ep. 89 The Supreme Court and the 3×5 Card
Ep. 10 States’ Rights and the Founding
Tom’s Free eBooks
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Published on Feb 17, 2017
Subscribe to the Tom Woods Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...